Last Mile Broadband of Maryland LLC (Last Mile) is a privately held company, founded by two Maryland telecommunications technology professionals, who will utilize their extensive technology systems construction, operations, management and legal experience to facilitate the deployment of a “lastmile” next-generation broadband communications networks; as well as setup and manage a broadband service provider operation.
Company Mission Statement
Build last mile fiber and 5G fixed-wireless broadband networks; and provide high quality, low cost high-speed broadband services to rural, underserved and unserved communities throughout the U.S.
Our efforts will not be just focused on bringing the services to the communities; but to be an active participant in the economic development of each community in our service areas. We intend to be an active community partners, via the participation and sponsorship of local events; and the training and hiring of people in our service areas.
To be the premier and most sought-after Broadband Service Provider for residents, businesses, residential housing and commercial park/facility developers, and public anchor institutions particularly in rural and underserved areas.
Tamara Davis Brown
Co-Founder/Chief Executive Officer
• 30+ Years Telecommunications Law Experience
• Practice before FCC and other federal and state Telecommunications related Regulatory Bodies.
• Negotiated multi-million dollar telecommunications contracts with wireless carriers and cable companies
• Drafted pleadings and proceedings before FCC and the Courts
John L. Huggins, Jr., MBA, PMP
• 35+ years in the Telecommunications/Information Technology Systems arena
• 21 years in the U.S. Air Force – Telecommunications/Information Systems Officer
• 20+ years in business – Founder/Co-Founder of several technology businesses
• Involved in the broadband community for 10+ years.
• Developing ARRA Broadband Stimulus (BTOP) Proposals
• Government/Commercial contract processes.
• Completed Certified Fiber-To-The–Home Professional Course & Cambium Certification Training Course
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Computer resource management and an MBA in Government Procurement